|Pisgah Media Center 1985
Welcome to Pisgah School Library
Library Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM
The goal of the Pisgah High School Media Center is to supply adequate resources for all students and teachers. Our media center offers 21st Century technology and resources which supports our curriculum and accommodates the needs of the students and teachers.
Our computer stations are available for students to use the Accelerated Reader Enterprise, online library catalog, student research, Star Reading, Star Math, Success Maker, Math Facts in a Flash, USA Test Prep, Access classes, Advanced Placement classes, and Dual Enrollment class assignments.
Wireless internet access is available along with laptops and ipads. Students may use these to work on assignments, power point presentations, research projects, and Advance Placement classes.
Print and non-print materials in both fiction and non-fiction are offered. Our reference section consists of encyclopedias, dictionaries, almanacs, thesaurus, maps, globes, DVDs and videos.
Last year students, teachers, parents, and community members checked out over 12,000+ books and materials from the Pisgah School Media Center.
Our funding for library resources and materials comes from grants, donations, and book fairs.
- Automated catalog and circulation system
- Internet access
- Computers for word processing, power point, etc.
- Computers for taking AR, STAR test, Math Facts in a Flash, Success Maker, USA Test Prep,
- Distance learning equipment and technology for group instruction
- Class and individual instruction
- Meeting facilities for students, staff, parents, and community
- Flexible scheduling
- Tier 3 and Strategic Teaching Instruction
- over 12,000+ books
- Alabama Virtual Library
- 800 + videos and DVDs
- Reference section
- Overhead projectors
- Digital projector
- Large viewing screen
- Laptop Cart
- Portable video Confrencing Cart